Friday, February 21, 2014

Not-Horrible For You Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Cookies are not meant to be healthy. Would I like a "healthy cookie?" Why no thank you, I would not. Cookies should be a yummy sweet treat and there's definitely nothing wrong with a buttery, chocolatey, gooey cookie binge every once in a while. But sometimes I'm in the mood for a cookie and don't want it to be completely devoid of nutritional value. Like now, for instance, when I'm eating for two I want some good fats, protein, fiber, etc... in pretty much anything I eat. So here's my solution: a vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that you can feel pretty good about.

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup brown cane sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/3 cup of instant oats
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
6-8 oz chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, add the wet ingredients in the order listed. Mix well after each addition.

In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients. Add to the wet and mix well. Drop onto cookie sheet at bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment