Monday, July 23, 2012

The Simplest, Yummiest Raw Vegan Pasta Sauce

I am a vegan, but I am not a raw foodie. I've have nothing at all against the raw food lifestyle (and probably agree that it is best way to eat), but have yet to "get with it." This doesn't mean I never will, but for now, I cook most of my food....except for this awesome pasta sauce! I'll admit that I didn't intend for this to be raw, but having tasted it before dumping into a pot to cook it (aka denature all of the good enzymes, or something), I decided that it was just fine the way it was. So yay!

Into a blender goes:

  • 1 large, ripe tomato (cut into a few pieces)
  • 10 large basil leaves
  • 3 medium cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 c. raw cashews
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • pepper to taste

Blend and blend for at least one good minute (depending on the awesomeness of your blender), or until smooth. 

*You can thin with water or unsweetened non-dairy milk, which I think would make it not 100% raw, but whatever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment