Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vegan Pumpkin Donuts!

A few weeks ago I decided that I needed a donut pan...needed. So far, I was totally right. This thing has rocked my world.

So far I've experimented with powdered sugar, apple, glazed and...pumpkin!

2 c. whole wheat white flour
3/4 c. raw sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder

1 1/4 c. non-dairy milk
3/4 c. pumpkin puree (preferable homemade :))
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
1/4 c. vegetable oil

 Simple as mixing dry ingredients well, mixing wet ingredients well, mixing wet and dry ingredients well and piping (I just use a ziploc bag with the corner cut out) into your donut pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

You can toss these in powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar, or glaze with this yummy glaze:

1 c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp cinnamon
splash of almond or other non-dairy milk

mix into a thick paste and pipe onto the cooled donuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment