Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vegan Banana Quinoa Muffins

I'm on a quinoa kick and had some really ripe bananas in the fruit bowl. What does that make for? These banana quinoa muffins!

3 very ripe bananasp
3/4 c. non-dairy milk (I actually used coconut milk creamer)
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. cooked quinoa

Mix these ingredients in a large blow and set aside.

In a smaller bowl, mix these guys:

2 c. white whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt


Add dry to wet and fold in until all ingredients are moistened (not long if you want a fluffy muffin).

Scoop batter into lined muffin tin and bake for 20ish minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I just ate my last banana! But I'm gonna try this AS SOON AS I GET MORE! lol

    ReplyDelete